Thursday, April 18 2024
Username: Password:

News: Are you lost? Check this page for quick help.

Author Topic: Server Merge  (Read 15223 times)

Offline Xioza

• Lv.4 RoyalStorm Member
Server Merge
« on: Thursday , 24 June 2010 - 11h50 »

Since Wednesday, July 7 2010, Server Gorgos will be merged with Spatalos to be new Spatalos Server.
I hope everything will be good after that merge. :)

This is the news :
http://powerwiki.uk.aiononline.com/aion/Server+Merge+FAQ

Offline Yuuhi

• Lv.8 RoyalStorm Administrator
  • The Red Mage
  • Games: Touhou, Minecraft, League of Legends, FFXIV, Trackmania, Path of Exile, Rocket League
Re: Server Merge
« Reply #1 on: Thursday , 24 June 2010 - 14h53 »
They'd better let me keep all my char names. And that server better be kickass on elyos side

Offline WhiteHorse

• Games: Survival, Shooting, MOBA, Racing, Fighting, others
« Reply #2 on: Thursday , 24 June 2010 - 18h32 »
I find it unfair that the server name being kept is the one of the less populated/active server. Not just on our case but also other cases i am seeing.
Either keeping the name of the more active server or then just having a totally new name would make more sense in my view.

As a side note.
Spatalos is where my asmodian company collegues are. So it will be fun to see their legion and ours going around on the game in diferent factions. However they will not be able to play with us anymore in the future.
(i am talking about ppl i know at work, not about the legion that is "cousin" from RoyalStorm: Obscuritas. That one will not conflict with us.)
"Wise men were once stupid. They became wise because they learned from their and others' mistakes."

Offline Teaser

• Lv.4 RoyalStorm Member
  • New name for other games : Tuga_Venatus
  • Games: RIFT - Guild Wars 2 - Star Trek Online
« Reply #3 on: Friday , 25 June 2010 - 02h42 »
I find it unfair that the server name being kept is the one of the less populated/active server.

worse news from spatalos, on the notice comments about server merge, someone said that left spatalos because there were alot of botter players, and players that use hacks to cheat the game, reason why the decent players have left that server and joined others, like he did in joining gorgos, wich now will return after merge.... not a good thing if that kind of players still are playing  :/

wonder if i create an asmo on spatalos, would it be transfered to the new server, and have both factions in same server? :P
anyone wants to create an asmo with me? XD

editing to add info about my ''joking question''.......
on aion FAQ says:
Q: What happens to my Elyos character if I already have an Asmodian on the new server (or vice versa)?
A: After the merge, we will be having a period of time where both Asmodian and Elyos characters on a single account are playable on the same server.  This is being done to ensure all players can find the appropriate homes for their characters.  We will be offering free unlimited transfers for characters from July 8th through August 18th and encourage all players to make use of this service to get their characters settled into the right server homes.  At a date in the future, we will be turning race restriction back on and you will no longer be able to play both races on one server.  At this point, any accounts that have a race conflict on a server will be asked to choose a playable race for that server, and the opposing race (not chosen) will be unplayable until they are transferred to a non-race conflicting server.

in short words, during some time, if you have (example) an elyos on gorgos and a asmo in spatalos, they will be both playable on the new server. after that time, you will be asked to choose one of the races.
well, i know it isnt enough time to lvl an asmo and do something big..... but we could make one just to check how ''gorgos asmo environment'' is, even that spatalos is also joined with us, we could see if they are more sociable than elyos, see if they make big preparations for sieges, anything to know our enemy better hehe...... i know, crazy idea :P
« Last Edit: Friday , 25 June 2010 - 03h04 by Utherverse »
AKA: Utherverse - Solaris - Fudoido/a - Teaser - Fukrazy

Current name for streaming and gaming related: Tuga_Venatus

Offline Tuncabey

• Lv.2 (ex-member)
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday , 29 June 2010 - 08h01 »
I find it unfair that the server name being kept is the one of the less populated/active server.

worse news from spatalos, on the notice comments about server merge, someone said that left spatalos because there were alot of botter players, and players that use hacks to cheat the game, reason why the decent players have left that server and joined others, like he did in joining gorgos, wich now will return after merge.... not a good thing if that kind of players still are playing  :/

wonder if i create an asmo on spatalos, would it be transfered to the new server, and have both factions in same server? :P
anyone wants to create an asmo with me? XD

editing to add info about my ''joking question''.......
on aion FAQ says:
Q: What happens to my Elyos character if I already have an Asmodian on the new server (or vice versa)?
A: After the merge, we will be having a period of time where both Asmodian and Elyos characters on a single account are playable on the same server.  This is being done to ensure all players can find the appropriate homes for their characters.  We will be offering free unlimited transfers for characters from July 8th through August 18th and encourage all players to make use of this service to get their characters settled into the right server homes.  At a date in the future, we will be turning race restriction back on and you will no longer be able to play both races on one server.  At this point, any accounts that have a race conflict on a server will be asked to choose a playable race for that server, and the opposing race (not chosen) will be unplayable until they are transferred to a non-race conflicting server.

in short words, during some time, if you have (example) an elyos on gorgos and a asmo in spatalos, they will be both playable on the new server. after that time, you will be asked to choose one of the races.
well, i know it isnt enough time to lvl an asmo and do something big..... but we could make one just to check how ''gorgos asmo environment'' is, even that spatalos is also joined with us, we could see if they are more sociable than elyos, see if they make big preparations for sieges, anything to know our enemy better hehe...... i know, crazy idea :P
i already have an asmo in Spatalos  i think he is lvl 40  :)) also a mage lvl 25 or something :)
Sometimes i feel like screaming..

Offline Tuncabey

• Lv.2 (ex-member)
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday , 29 June 2010 - 08h07 »
oh i have an as mo  assasin lvl 34 and lvl 33 gladiator
Sometimes i feel like screaming..

Offline Ashelia

• Lv.3 (friend)
  • Catch my arrows!
    • Guardian Angels (legion)
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday , 29 June 2010 - 20h41 »
Curious how they gonna solve all that. After all we weren't meant to have Ely and Asmo chars on the same server...
And there's the matter of character names. I think many went into the headstart to make sure they got the name they wanted...
Currently playing:
ArcheAge - Ashelia (Dahuta EU) & Asheliaa (Tahyang NA)

Offline Girehan

• Lv.3 (friend)
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday , 30 June 2010 - 14h55 »
Q: What happens if I am merged onto a server where someone already has my name?

A: "...we will be releasing details of the name conflict resolution once the merges have begun."

Once they have begun?? Where is the forward planning?

"If you did not get to keep your name after the merge, your character name will be changed to a combination of letters & numbers and you will receive a free name change coupon..."

Combination of letters & numbers? Like what? R2D2?

All this smacks of devilry to me !  >:(

Offline Teaser

• Lv.4 RoyalStorm Member
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday , 30 June 2010 - 15h15 »
think that what they mean is that if there is another girehan in spatalos, one of you will be girehan1 and the other girehan2, something like that :P

Offline Girehan

• Lv.3 (friend)
« Reply #9 on: Friday , 09 July 2010 - 14h29 »
More unnerving quotes from NCSoft about the server merge:

"to reduce the likelihood of anything going wrong with your mail and attached items, it is rather advisable to store them in your inventory."

and

"to reduce the likelihood of anything going wrong with Account Warehouse items, it is rather advisable to transfer them to your inventory."

(Notice from the Postal Services Association July 8, 2010

Like as if we have a "warehouse-load" of free inventory slots!

I will be opening my warehouse and inventory windows and saving screen-shots the day before the merge.

Offline WhiteHorse

« Reply #10 on: Friday , 09 July 2010 - 23h17 »
yes, it is not realistic for us to pass from the warehouse things to our inventory. Like that's the porpuse of the warehouse. Because inventory itself is not enough.
I will also do detailed screenshots.
"Wise men were once stupid. They became wise because they learned from their and others' mistakes."

Offline Teaser

• Lv.4 RoyalStorm Member
« Reply #11 on: Saturday , 10 July 2010 - 04h21 »
you guys taking it the wrong way... they intend ''inventory'' both bags and warehouse, all they asked to remove is any items from ''account warehouse'' or attached items in mails, since some ppl send themselves mails with items and use them as extra warehouse. in other words, they asking you to remove items from any kind of storage that is shared and put it on regular warehouse or char. at least thats how i figured it out, really not seeing us to take all warehouse into bags lol. its just the shared stuff, things that are stored in places where they can also be traded between chars/players and put them on a placewhere only your char can acess and not send to any other char.
and after this lil explanation, wich is my thoughts about the news, i am also considering that legion warehouse might be also adviseable to remove things, since space is also shared with other chars.

Offline WhiteHorse

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday , 13 July 2010 - 22h40 »
Server merge will start at 05h00 AM and finish at 18h00 PM. Central European Summer Time (GMT+1) = Madrid / Paris / Amsterdam / Berlin

Greetings Daevas,

We’re always working hard to make Aion the best game experience it can be. As you’ve probably heard, we’re merging servers to maintain a thriving game world for everyone. On Wednesday, July 14, we will merge the Aion servers in North America and Europe. We’ve scheduled the work to ensure that players around the world can get back in the game as quickly as possible, and to minimize the downtime during periods that are most popular.

Have questions? We understand. To make this process as simple and clear as possible, we have created a Server Merge FAQ. Here are more details.

The overall process should take about 13 hours for servers in each time zone. It will require offline maintenance for the Aion game servers, website, and forums. This means that you will not be able to play Aion, access the Aion website, or access the Aion forums during this time. In addition, the forums will require additional maintenance for about three hours after each game server is back up and running. During this time, you can play Aion, but you will not be able to access the forums. We apologize for the inconvenience.

The exact schedule is as follows.

European Schedule:
The European servers will begin maintenance at 05:00 (CEST) on Wednesday, July 14. They should be back online at about 18:00 (CEST) on July 14. (time zone assistant)

North America
The North American servers will undergo maintenance starting at 2:00 a.m. PST on Wednesday, July 14. They should be back online at about 3:00 p.m. PST on July 14. (time zone assistant)

What does this mean for me?

After the merge, you’ll probably notice that your character’s name now has a server abbreviation tag attached to it. So check out your revised name. If it looks good, you don’t need to do anything else. But just in case, we’ll place a Character Name Change ticket in your inventory. If you’d like to change your name, just right-click the ticket and enter your desired name as indicated.

We expect this process to go smoothly, but we are here for you if something looks amiss. If you try to change your name and it’s not available, we want to help. If you feel that your character name has been intentionally grabbed by someone else, you can submit a name change appeal before July 28th with the required information. We will have support staff standing by to review each request as it comes in.

You’ll probably have questions and want to know what’s going on tomorrow. No problem! Even though our website and forums will be offline, we will be doing our best to keep you updated through the Aion Facebook and Twitter feeds.

Thanks again for your patience during this process. We’ll see you on the other side!

-The Aion Community Team

source: http://uk.aiononline.com/board/notices/view?articleID=743&page=

Offline Yuuhi

• The Red Mage
  • Games: Touhou, Minecraft, League of Legends, FFXIV, Trackmania, Path of Exile, Rocket League
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday , 13 July 2010 - 23h04 »
Sounds like I got more than enough time to either get my PC back from the store and reinstall aion or get my old xp pc to install aion before the maintenance is complete. And better hope we can recover our charnames. The sooner we can get on, the better

Offline WhiteHorse

« Reply #14 on: Friday , 16 July 2010 - 08h17 »
Fight on the Right Side

During the free character move period (from July 15, 2010 to August 25, 2010), your characters can score some extra loot by making sure they’re fighting on the right side. Now that the servers have been merged, please make sure that you have characters of only one race—either Elyos or Asmodian—on each of the servers. If you do, you are golden. If not, sign up quickly for free character moves to transfer some of your characters so that you have only one race on a server.
We’ll be giving out in-game items during the free move period to accounts that have no race conflicts. The quicker you have only one race on each server you play on, the more free loot you get!

Fight on the Right Side Incentive Disbursement

July 29, 2010: Five (5) Suspicious Yellow Sacks
 August 12, 2010: Three (3) Major Ancient Crowns
 August 26, 2010: Five (5) Golden Medals

After August 26, we will be restricting accounts that still have race conflicts. You will then have to choose a primary race for each server you play on. Once you’ve selected a primary race, characters of the opposing race on that server will be unplayable until transferred to a server without a race conflict.

So what do you have to lose? Take advantage of the free character transfer period and get some cool goodies in the process by fighting on the right side!

http://powerwiki.uk.aiononline.com/aion/Fight+on+the+Right+Side

Chat Box

RoyalStorm shoutbox. Use common sense please, big horsey is watching. ;-)

Seattle
Vancouver
Chicago
Winnipeg
Toronto
New York
Lisbon
London
Madrid
Berlin
Athens
Helsinki