Sunday, April 28 2024
Username: Password:

News: Are you lost? Check this page for quick help.

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
General and Public talk / Re: 7 Gamers, 1 computer
« Last post by Jonybat on Thursday , 07 January 2016 - 16h48 »
My brother showed me that yesterday. It is cool indeed, but only to have an idea of the current state of the technology.

They updated the video and the description to include the total price of $30k, when i watched it he only said it costed "as much as a decent brand new car". The CPUs alone probably cost more than $5k each, and those 32GB ECC DDR4 sticks probably cost as much as the R9 Nano, if not more.

The most interesting fact in the project was the power efficiency, both in idle and under load. A single rig with an i7 and a R9 Nano will pull more than 300W under load, and 7 of those will pull more than 2kW

Fun stuff
General and Public talk / 7 Gamers, 1 computer
« Last post by WhiteHorse on Thursday , 07 January 2016 - 16h25 »
Yes. 1 Computer for 7 gamers at the same time.
30 thousand US Dollars.  :P

Cool project though, kudos for that.  8)
General and Public talk / Re: Oculus Rift
« Last post by kisoon on Thursday , 07 January 2016 - 14h17 »
its meh anyway

until there is at least one other product to directly compete with it then there is no incentive for it to develop much or drop in price.
« Last post by Darkvalen on Thursday , 07 January 2016 - 02h20 »
But why?
« Last post by WhiteHorse on Wednesday , 06 January 2016 - 19h46 »
Just the time to be at home and try to order, the sending day already advanced from March to May... 2 extra months of waiting just because of me being at work.
Since I would still have to wait for my next salary, I consider that I will not pre-order anymore. I might end up waiting more time than having it being sold on a local store. And paying more also, because of the international customs and delivery. At least I assume it is not just online sales from the US. That would be kind of ridiculous.
They do need to sell it in stores... I would hope.

edit ---
Also I see many raging at the price, which i can understand. I also worry that with this price that drive ppl away from the VR boom that could have happened now.
Too high price, that broke most ppl savings expectations = less user base
less user base = less developers investing games on it
meaning you end with a very expensive tech, that has very little use.

I really hope they will soon revise the prices and delivery dates.
I was all excited to buy it and spend up money also on a new pc.. But like this... hmmm. Not so sure.
Made the decision that I am going to still upgrade my pc during Q1, but hold back on extreme performance and hold back from buying the oculus until i am sure how it plays out.
« Last post by Sjadelin on Wednesday , 06 January 2016 - 19h10 »
Got mine ordered and ready to be shipped but i can buy it with a indie price offz 75 euro's a month and either i use that one and pay it offz or repalce whenever a new one comes out
« Last post by Bartas on Wednesday , 06 January 2016 - 18h31 »
I will wait for the Chinese copy :D
« Last post by Yuuhi on Wednesday , 06 January 2016 - 17h58 »
Yea. I can see it being great and all, but €700+ is not going to be worth it for the average consumer at all. You're most likely only going to see ppl that are being sponsored use it
« Last post by Jonybat on Wednesday , 06 January 2016 - 17h56 »
700e plus 300e+ for a decent gpu, for very limited game support... Yea, I'll think about it in 2 years 8)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Seattle
Vancouver
Chicago
Winnipeg
Toronto
New York
Lisbon
London
Madrid
Berlin
Athens