Friday, March 29 2024
Username: Password:

News: Are you lost? Check this page for quick help.

Author Topic: Aion 2.5  (Read 48394 times)

Offline Syrie

• Lv.4 RoyalStorm Member
  • who dares, wins
  • Games: Overwatch / Blade & Soul
Aion 2.5
« on: Tuesday , 04 January 2011 - 18h12 »
"- Test Server Update to 2.5 pre-release - the 43rd new server 'ahegireu' open

NCsoft ㈜ (NYSE gimtaekjin) ahead of the game Aion 2.5 update for the smooth progress of the test server update the client's pre-split will continue from January 4.

PC room service since last 106 weeks, including a very popular place to record the first major update for the 2011 ION and the 6th test applied to the server and notice a big change is in Aion.

This update also to commemorate the 43rd new server 'ahegireu' will open five days on. 'Ahegireu' Corps of the game in Fort Morheim Abyss to widen the powers of the Elyos has a big role, Sue Herrera Lanta is also a candidate for Commander in Chief of 'ahegireu' derived from.

The main contents of ION 2.5 update will be released soon, and the test server update the client pre-split and a new server official website for more information about Aion (aion.plaync.co.kr) can be found at. "

translated with google translator from http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?news=33147

Uncomfirmed changes:

Casting speed cap at 60%
New healing potions that will remove 3 debuffs
Can no longer combine attack speed and casting speed weapons

More info on 6th january

+ new splashscreen

(edit by whitehorse: renamed the topic)
« Last Edit: Thursday , 12 May 2011 - 23h27 by WhiteHorse »
Battlenet tag: Kosmos #2900

Offline WhiteHorse

• Lv.8 RoyalStorm Administrator
  • Games: Survival, Shooting, MOBA, Racing, Fighting, others
Re: Aion 2.5 on Korean PTS this week
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday , 04 January 2011 - 19h07 »
As soon as i knew that the new engine would be with v2.5 and not 3.0 I did think we might get the new engine somewhere in March.

Things seem to be on schedule for that prediction of mine! ^_^
"Wise men were once stupid. They became wise because they learned from their and others' mistakes."

Offline Ashelia

• Lv.3 (friend)
  • Catch my arrows!
    • Guardian Angels (legion)
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday , 04 January 2011 - 19h23 »
I think it's gonna be longer... After Korea releases it, it usually still have to go through localisation changes and more testing here.

Seen the trailer, the new engine and gfx changes are great... I'm just afraid I might need to consider a new computer. Aion 1.0 ran smoothly, 1.5 started to get slower already, and right now having major lags wherever are people around. Ah well, we'll see I guess.

New healing potions that will remove 3 debuffs
Don't like the sound of that. Right now we already have insane amounts of different potions. White 'potions', green 'serums', blue ones, and since 2.0 those dropping elixirs doing about the same. Combined with all the different food we got from events, all the different quest items I still have from half finished quests, and a couple things I need with me anyway, most of the time I can't do better than having my inventory filled 80/99 all of the time...
Currently playing:
ArcheAge - Ashelia (Dahuta EU) & Asheliaa (Tahyang NA)

Offline Sue

• Lv.3 (friend)
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday , 04 January 2011 - 22h51 »
Aren't the Healing Roots able to remove 3 Debuffs already? I never tried it, though

Can no longer combine attack speed and casting speed weapons

The Casting Speed Cap is good, but I don't like this one. Attack Speed can help a Mage, but it's not like it makes anyone overpowered with this.

Offline Ashelia

• Lv.3 (friend)
  • Catch my arrows!
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday , 05 January 2011 - 01h26 »
Indeed Sue, takes away the possibility to combine our healing and physical attacking capabilities. Sad how hybrid classes always draw the short stick...
Currently playing:

Offline Syrie

• Lv.4 RoyalStorm Member
  • who dares, wins
  • Games: Overwatch / Blade & Soul
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday , 05 January 2011 - 01h31 »
Maybe it's only for mages, so they can't benefit from both atk and casting speed, which is not fair at the moment, as they are the only ones, who can rise their speed, using 2 attributes.

For healing pots. It's already in game, we will just get another tier of it. At the moment the highest is 'Greater Healing Potion', which removes 2 debuffs.
Battlenet tag: Kosmos #2900

Offline Zeus

• Lv.3 (friend)
  • GW2 - Gandara Server
    • NevesNET IT Consulting
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday , 05 January 2011 - 11h36 »
Where are you getting this information? ... when I google 2.5 patch notes, and all I see are [joke] marked posts and speculation. :S

Graphics engine change, I HIGHLY doubt it! They are simply unlocking and using some additional features of the original CryEngine, primarily from looking at some of the vision trailer, some DX10 features. They would have to re-tool the entire game and all items/skins/3D/maps/etc if they were to change the base engine, basically an entire new game. Another option would be to import some of the current content onto a more recent CryEngine and save some design time, but that would further tax the client PC, I don't see a reason for it as we still can't even go to sieges and cities are laggy as h377.

If they cap the cast speed to 60%; sorcerers can achieve that solo (19+9+10+25, and this is WITHOUT cast speed gloves). This change would FURTHER gimp the Chanter class if you think about it. This is the worse (speculation) news possible if you are a chanter! The not being able to combine spd+cast on weapons I can see the reason, sorcerers will simply use attack speed scrolls/gear instead of cast speed ones and continue to stack the two speeds.

I think this all comes from the fact that Asmo sorcerers can achive 100% cast speed with BoQ or insta-cast solo for 10 seconds and wipe out whole groups, but Elyos can do the same with a chanter in group with WoQ. Perhaps they will re-think the BoQ and change it to match Elyos side.
« Last Edit: Wednesday , 05 January 2011 - 12h03 by Zeus »

Offline WhiteHorse

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday , 05 January 2011 - 14h17 »
Being a new game engine is possible Zeus. It's simply a compatible one. All and all, a diferent engine does not mean necessarly a diferent coding.

From what i understand, CryEngine 1 is being used now and we will use CryEngine 2. It is a new engine, but it does not force to rewrite everything.
Being a new engine also means that the code can be the same, but the engine will process it with more effects (colors and light effects) imediatly by itself. That and if ncsoft places higher resolution texture files that the engine can deal with, you will already feel quite the diference.

Comparison example: When developing flash content, most of the code will work on the newer versions of flash, only in some cases does the code need to be readjusted.  However when developing new content (maps and new mechanics), will allow for new things (codes/functions) not possible before (example: new water effects, floods and more).

That, and also (rumours?) we will have 2 clients. 1 for high graphics and 1 for standard. A bit like happened with EVE Online.
And there will also be a 64-bit version option instead of just the 32-bit version we have now. Such 64-bit will allow the game to use much more computer memory to process the game and it's graphics.

The word "gimp" again...   :-X People are very negative and make drama before actually trying. I remember all the blabla about sin going to be gimped with the shock removal skill and ppl quitting the game before they even experimented and waited to see the impact of it.
"Wise men were once stupid. They became wise because they learned from their and others' mistakes."

Offline Viittu

• Lv.3 (friend)
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday , 05 January 2011 - 14h31 »
yes more lag in sieges plz .

wtb shift+f13 now.

If life is a dick.. i hope you suck the life out me.

Offline WhiteHorse

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday , 05 January 2011 - 14h42 »
Go on ppl, that type of chat is not helpfull. It desmotivates without reason, because you still don't know what the performance will be.

Offline Zeus

• Lv.3 (friend)
  • GW2 - Gandara Server
    • NevesNET IT Consulting
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday , 05 January 2011 - 14h58 »
All I know is that my machine has an Intel Extreme i7 965 @4Ghz, 12GB RAM, SSD HD, Dual 285GTX in SLI on just a 24" 1920x1200 monitor, 24/1Gb internet ADSL via a Cisco 877 router ~75ms ping, cause I'm out here in the middle of nowhere, (which is far beyond the system requirements for this game) and sometimes I can barely walk around in the towns, Shift-F12 is a complete must to even attempt a siege. The two waypoints in Sanctum completely CRASH my graphics driver 25% of the time. I certainly hope they address these performance issues rather than just throw in a little new content and make it shinier, the 64bit client might help a bit.

Offline WhiteHorse

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday , 05 January 2011 - 16h32 »
Hmm u sound like Knuckles a few months ago, he complained about the game, till we figured that i was having way more performance than him despite a lesser graphics card.
I can tell i have not your issues the way you mention them.

Offline Yuuhi

• The Red Mage
  • Games: Touhou, Minecraft, League of Legends, FFXIV, Trackmania, Path of Exile, Rocket League
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday , 05 January 2011 - 16h59 »
Yea, it turned out my CPU was just too weak. And about sanctum crashing the graphics card: yea that seems to be the game's fault. I'm getting it sometimes as well at some certain points. And the crowd causing lag: Any powerful pc will have trouble with that. Heard it was an engine problem

Back to the topic: Finally the sorcs are getting some kind of a nerf. They'll still be good even with it, so no biggie there. Just makes me wonder which class is next to be nerfed. I'm still waiting for that "target is too far away" fix.......

White 'potions', green 'serums', blue ones, and since 2.0 those dropping elixirs doing about the same.

We already had pot drops before 2.0. Back then we had the normal ones. All they changed now is instead of those pots, the mobs now drop nerfer versions of those pots
« Last Edit: Wednesday , 05 January 2011 - 17h33 by Zero »

Offline Ashelia

• Lv.3 (friend)
  • Catch my arrows!
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday , 05 January 2011 - 18h02 »
What I totally fail to understand is the whole discussion about mages stacking both attack speed and cast speed. Why on earth would a Mage be doing any physical attacks?
I do see that Chanters as a hybrid class, will have most disadvantage. For an offensive Chanter it's easy to go for attack speed, but a supportive Chanter will have to choose... Cast speed will benefit support most, but weaken the character at the same time.

The two waypoints in Sanctum completely CRASH my graphics driver 25% of the time.

I think this is somehow an Aion issue with the nVidia drivers. It happens to me as well in Sanctum, I'm using a GeForce 9800 GT card, and before that had a 8800 GTX. And the card is definitely not the issue, I've run way more demanding games without any trouble at all.

Biggest bottleneck for me will still be my f***ed up internet connection. Sorry for the language, but it pisses me off badly. Supposed to be 25 Mbit ADSL, but barely getting 4 Mbit and the provider says it's because of my location, and the line is weak and they can do nothing about it. I'm sure they can, but they just won't >:(
Except for the speed, it's also highly unstable because of that, sometimes randomly dcing.
Currently playing:

Offline Yuuhi

• The Red Mage
  • Games: Touhou, Minecraft, League of Legends, FFXIV, Trackmania, Path of Exile, Rocket League
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday , 05 January 2011 - 18h59 »
What I totally fail to understand is the whole discussion about mages stacking both attack speed and cast speed. Why on earth would a Mage be doing any physical attacks?
I do see that Chanters as a hybrid class, will have most disadvantage. For an offensive Chanter it's easy to go for attack speed, but a supportive Chanter will have to choose... Cast speed will benefit support most, but weaken the character at the same time.

afaik, chanters never had any cast speed weapons so no harm's done to them

Chat Box

RoyalStorm shoutbox. Use common sense please, big horsey is watching. ;-)

Seattle
Vancouver
Chicago
Winnipeg
Toronto
New York
Lisbon
London
Madrid
Berlin
Athens
Helsinki